Thursday, July 16, 2009

An Update

Well, it has been sometime since I wrote here and I do have some more to report on my family research project. I have discovered that my grandfather, Henry, returned to Europe for a visit, apparently to his family in March, 1913. In his application for a passport, he states that he was born on August 11, 1855 in Reichenau, Germany. He further states that he emigrated to the United States on the ship "Werra" arriving from Bremmen in January of 1883. He also says he has lived in Whitesboro, NY from 1883 until 1913 and was naturalized at The County Court of Oneida on October 18, 1888. This information has not yet been further verified. It appears that there are actually four places in Germany that at that time may have been known as Reichenau.

I have also reconnected with two of my cousins that I have not seen for several years and that has added considerably to my family history. But more of that later!

No comments: